17 Oct Shingle Roof Contest Giveaway
ENTER TO WIN BELOW!
No purchase is necessary to participate in this sweepstakes. A sales presentation is requested. Void where prohibited by law, rule, or regulation.
1. This sweepstakes is sponsored by Home Performance Alliance, Inc. (“HPA”) located at 1780 102nd Ave N, Ste. 500, St. Petersburg, FL 33716.
2. HPA will award one (1) Grand Prize at the end of the prize period. The prize period begins on October 24, 2022 and ends on June 30, 2023. HPA’s computer shall be the official time-keeping device for this sweepstakes. The prize winner will be determined from a random drawing of all entries received during the prize period. The random drawing will be conducted on or about July 14, 2023. Limit one prize per entry and per household. Barring unforeseen technical issues relating to Facebook or software or computer issues, the drawings will be held live on Facebook Live on HPA’s Facebook page, but HPA will contact the prize winner by phone regardless to advise of the prize winner being awarded a prize. If HPA is unable to contact the prize winner by phone, the prize winner will be notified by certified mail within fifteen (15) days of the drawing. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. The odds of winning a prize are determined by the number of entries received prior to the time of the prize drawing. HPA reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, extend, modify, or terminate this sweepstakes without notice at any time. All prizes will be awarded.
3. Entrants may enter this sweepstakes by attending an in-home product demonstration from HPA during the prize period. All decision makers (e.g., deed holders, spouses) must be present and attend entire demonstration. Alternatively, an entrant may print his/her name, his/her complete address and cell phone or home phone number on a 3” x 5” card, writing the words “Home Performance Alliance, Inc.’s Shingle Roof Contest Giveaway” at the top, and mail the card to HPA at 1780 102nd Ave N, Ste. 500, St. Petersburg, FL 33716. Mailed entries must be postmarked by June 26, 2023. HPA is not responsible for any illegible, misplaced, damaged, or late entries. For the Grand Prize, the address listed on the entry form must be the address where the Grand Prize is to be installed if such entry is selected as the Grand Prize winner.
4. Sweepstakes entrants must (a) be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the time of entering this sweepstakes and (b) own and reside in their own home that is (i) within the following Florida counties: Hernando, Polk, Pasco, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, Lee, Collier and (ii) in a suitable condition (as determined by HPA or its designees) for installation of the prize (including compliance with local building codes and regulations). HPA cannot install at commercial structures or rental units. Employees, officers, and directors of HPA, its affiliates, subsidiaries, co-branded partners, consultants, contractors, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their immediate families (and those living in their same households) are not eligible to participate in this sweepstakes.
The Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) shingle roof up to 30 squares with available colors to choose from. The Grand Prize does not include any costs associated with mold, rot, lead, major reconstruction to an existing home and/or any other atypical or additional construction and or remodeling task. If the consent of any property association is required, the Grand Prize winner is responsible to obtain such consent. The maximum retail value of the Grand Prize is $30,000 which includes installation labor along with the removal and disposal of the former roof which does not include the sofit facia or gutters. The cash value of the Grand Prize is $10,000. If the Grand Prize winner has previously purchased a shingle roof from HPA during the prize period, as an alternative Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner may choose a Grand Prize of $10,000 cash. Any other costs in excess of the stated maximum retail value for the Grand Prize shall be the sole and exclusive responsibility of the prize winner. All expenses not specifically provided for are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize must be installed at the address listed on the winning entry form. Installation must be provided by HPA personnel or HPA’s designee. Installation is subject to the terms and conditions of HPA’s standard installation guidelines, Florida Building Code, or the Florida County Building Code. Acceptance of a prize may require entering into a standard contract or purchase order for the goods and services to be provided, as required by state law.
5. The site where any prize is to be installed must be in suitable condition (e.g., no water, mold, lead positive, structural damage). Any waterproofing, remediation, lead positive results/remediation or other repairs necessary for proper installation (as deemed by HPA or its designees in their sole discretion) must be performed at the prize winner’s expense prior to installation. No transfers or substitution in prizes will be allowed except if expressly provided for herein and/or by HPA, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole or absolute discretion. Upon installation of the Grand Prize, HPA will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the prize winner with the prize winner assuming full ownership and responsibility for the prize. Any prize winner must arrange for prize installation/delivery no later than three (3) months following the award of the prize and installation/delivery must occur and be completed within nine (9) months of confirmed notification.
6. Each person listed on the title for the winning home for the Grand Prize (as well as each decision-maker, if different) must attend an in-home demonstration of HPA’s goods and services that will last approximately two (2) hours. Each prize winner must comply with all instructions in the prize notification correspondence, including the completion of an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, and return both within fourteen (14) days of the date on the prize notification correspondence as well as have met all of the eligibility requirements set forth within these Official Rules; otherwise, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternative prize winner will be selected. Any prize winner grants HPA permission to use his/her first name, likeness, image, voice, and/or appearance as such may be embodied in any pictures, photos, video recordings, audiotapes, digital images, and the like, taken or made in connection with this sweepstakes. The prize winner agrees that HPA shall have complete ownership of such pictures, etc., including the entire copyright, and may use them for any purpose consistent with HPA’s business. These uses include, but are not limited to illustrations, bulletins, exhibitions, videotapes, reprints, reproductions, publications, advertisements, and any promotional or educational materials in any medium now known or later developed, including the Internet. The prize winner acknowledges that he/she will not receive any compensation for the use of such pictures, etc., and hereby release HPA and its agents and assigns from any and all claims that arise out of or are in any way connected with such use. The prize winner agrees to sign a separate written release to this effect if provided by HPA.
7. Liability for any applicable taxes, including all federal, state, and local taxes and/or other fees that may apply to prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Any required tax reporting forms will be furnished to the Internal Revenue Service.
8. Entries that are lost, late, illegible, or incomplete for any reason will not be eligible. HPA reserves the right to modify or terminate this promotion at any time or disqualify any entry in good faith. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the winning home is titled.
9. By participating in this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless HPA, its affiliates, co-branded partners, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any damages that may arise out of participation in this sweepstakes in any way or out of the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of a prize. By entering into this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, or controversies (hereafter referred to as a “Claim”) arising under or relating to this sweepstakes, including the validity or enforceability of this arbitration provision, shall be subject to binding arbitration to be determined by one (1) arbitrator, in accordance with and pursuant to the then prevailing Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), to be held and arbitrated in the judicial district in which the entrant lives at the time of his or her entering into this sweepstakes. Each entrant agrees that he or she will not assert a Claim on behalf of, or as a member of, any group or class. The findings of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on all parties. Each party shall be responsible for its own fees and costs. This agreement to arbitrate, and any award or verdict will be specifically enforceable under the prevailing law of any court having jurisdiction. Notice of the demand for arbitration will be filed by the party asserting the Claim with AAA. The demand for arbitration shall be made within a reasonable time after the Claim in question has arisen, and in no event shall any such demand be made after the date when institution of legal or equitable proceedings based on such Claim would be barred by the applicable statute of limitations. Any arbitration proceeding and any award or verdict shall remain confidential between the parties and shall not be made public.
10. For a winners’ list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope within thirty (30) days following a prize period, including a request for the winners’ names to “Home Performance Alliance, Inc.’s Shingle Roof Contest Giveaway”, 1780 102nd Ave N, Ste. 500, St. Petersburg, FL 33716. To stop the mailing of future sweepstakes related materials from Home Performance Alliance, Inc., please send a written request to 1780 102nd Ave N, Ste. 500, St. Petersburg, FL 33716. This sweepstakes is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning). This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States with venue in Pinellas County, Florida, United States
ENTER BELOW TO WIN!